CSA= Community Supported Agriculture and that begins with you and the farm!
Our 2017 CSA program is as follows:
$660 from May 26th-October 27th (22 bulging boxes@$30)
$440 from May 26th-October 27th (22 mini boxes@$20)
$100 egg shares (22 dozen@$4.55)
Farm Thursdays 4-6pm, Friday all day, and Saturday all day
Telluride Farmers' Market Fridays 10-4pm
Ridgway Farmers' Market Fridays 10-3pm
Montrose Farmers' Market Saturdays 8:30-1pm
Why join our CSA?
- only farm to offer year round CSA vegetables
- only farm to offer FIGS with most every box
- huge selection of herbs year round: bay, rosemary, thyme, parsely, lavendar, sage, cilantro, and
- VARIETY! We grow a multitude of varietals of your favourites including tomatoes, peppers, okra, squash, potatoes, eggplants, salad mixes, carrots, Asian greens, turnips, radishes, mustards, cucumbers, mcro greens, and kale
- provide solely from Buckhorn: eggs, pork, and grass-fed beef year round to compliment vegetables
- support young farmers, many of our employees have gone on to start their own farms on the Western slope
- adding to our repertoire this year: sweet potatoes, baby ginger, oca and summer squash
Farming takes teamwork, here on the farm and with you, our consumers, customers and friends! With a CSA, you are investing in your local farmers, your community, and your environment.
To invest in a CSA like ours, you are getting fresh, local 'more-ganic' vegetables harvested a mere few days before they come to your kitchen, even in the dead of winter. You get to know the farmers that grow your food. We are able to use our enormous infrastructure to bring you ultra-fresh food year-round which not many other CSAs can offer. CSA members get first pick as produce ripens! We offer 4 locations (Farm, Montrose, Ridgway, and Telluride) for convenient pick-ups.