\

Located at the base of Buckhorn Mountain at 6700' elevation, Buckhorn Gardens is a small, organic vegetable farm 13mi. south of Montrose, Colorado. Our farm is an active part of a 12,000 acre ranch; however, we only manage 3 acres with intensive vegetable gardening.

Friday, February 9, 2018


Hello everyone, my name is Justin and my partner Trinity and I are the new interns at Buckhorn Gardens. I’m from North Carolina and I have been called crazy for crossing the country and coming to the Colorado Rockies in the middle of winter. Well life’s a garden, dig it. I want my life to be an adventure and life is my garden so I’m going to plant what I want and live my life to the fullest. What good is an empty garden? So what does the phrase mean to you? To me it’s a chance to do what I want to in life, but it’s up to me make that happen and to maintain and keep growing. Right now I am interning here at Buckhorn because it is helping me reach my goal of living a self sustaining lifestyle.  One of the key factors of life is food,  what better way than to grow it yourself and know where it comes from and what was used on it. I think it tastes better also. If you can’t grow it yourself buy from your local farmers who take care of the food. I love cooking and will give you  recipes along the way that can be made out of our CSA boxes here at Buckhorn.  Click on the recipes link to check out our farmy Shepard's Pie! Here are some pics from our perspective.




1 comment:

  1. The blog has been a great achievement because I have been able to help my blog, which has been my blog since I was a great friend, thank you so much my blog. Web Designing Course

    ReplyDelete